[smokeping-users] Problems after upgrade

Ashley Morrison Ashley.Morrison at SMC.sa.edu.au
Wed Jul 26 08:27:56 MEST 2006

I have just upgraded my Mrtg, RRDtool & Smokeping to the latest version
of all, running on a Redhat 9 box.

Mrtg & RRDtool are playing nice, but smokeping won't, I was running
2.0.1 now 2.0.9, the problem occured after rrdtool was upgraded and
before the smokeping upgrade, I hoped that would fix it but no luck.

I get the following when I try and run smokeping.cgi:
-------

<h1>Software error:</h1>
<pre>Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for
module RRDs:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so:
undefined symbol: PL_sv_undef at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
 at /usr/local/smokeping/lib/Smokeping.pm line 13
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/smokeping/lib/Smokeping.pm
line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/smokeping/lib/Smokeping.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at ./smokeping.cgi line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./smokeping.cgi line 8.
</pre>
-------

I did run "make site-perl-install" on the rrdtool source directory,
after the make / make install ran with-out issue, but no luck.

In all spots I have pointed to the rrd perl directory
(/usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl) but still no luck.

The even crazier part is not sure why it is looking at perl 5.8.0
directory, this was upgraded to 5.8.6 a long time ago, all 3 have been
upgraded since the perl update with-out issue.

Can anyone help???

Cheers ... Ash
Ashley Morrison, MCSE MCP DCE
Network Administrator