[smokeping-users] Alert clearing time on edge triggered alerts

Dylan Vanderhoof DylanV at semaphore.com
Fri Jun 30 20:01:07 MEST 2006

I have a latency alert for a particular device with the following
config:

+ highlatency
type = rtt
edgetrigger = yes
pattern = >20, >20, >20, >20, >20, >20
comment = high latency (> 20 ms for 10 min)

My step-time is 120, so it actually triggers after 12 minutes.

The problem I have is that the alert clears after just a single sample
of <= 20ms.  So the following RTT pattern causes 3 alerts to be sent:

23,24,25,26,27,27,19,21,23,24,25,26

What I would like to have happen is in effect a "cooldown" time on the
alert where it requires a full 6 samples of <20ms pings to clear.

Is this something that's even possible?

Thanks,
Dylan