[smokeping-users] Re: passing parameters to fping?

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 03:00:03 MET 2006

On 3/10/06, cathal.ferris at mediasat.ie <cathal.ferris at mediasat.ie> wrote:
> Hi.
> I have just started trialling smokeping to monitor various customer
> satellite connection statistics.
> The default timeout of 500msec is causing me headaches though, and I am
> getting too many email alerts generated.
> I'm getting nice graphs, that make lots of sense, but I am always missing
> the first one or two pings, as the rtt can be >800 under perfect
> conditions.
>
> I haven't seen in the docs where to pass the parameters to fping,
> specifically the -t option.
> I need to do a "fping -t 1400"
>
> How can I do this?
>
> Using smokeping 1.38 on debian
>
> Thanks,
> Cathal.

Hi Cathal,

I ran into this a while back.  My solutions wasn't the most elegant,
but I just modified the FPing.pm file to manually include that "-t"
argument.  Look for FPing.pm in the probes directory (probably make a
backup copy of the file before you change it).  Look for where "my
@cmd" is defined and add the '-t 1400' inside there (line 111 in
SmokePing v2.0.7).

Regards,