[smokeping-users] The Probevars problem

Guðmundur Örn Ingvarsson - TM Software Skyggnir gudmo at t.is
Thu Mar 16 11:31:02 MET 2006

This is an update to my previous post about the probevars problem with Fping.
Since then I have discovered that the problem isn't bound to Fping but more .pm files in the

Probes folder that smokeping uses.

I'm using smokeping 2.0.7 and RRDtool 1.2.12

This problem appears either in console when starting smokeping or in the web browser when accessing the smokeping.cgi file.

Software error:

Can't locate object method "probevars" via package "Smokeping::probes::FPing" at /usr/local/smokeping/lib/Smokeping/probes/FPing.pm line 156, <File> line 90.

I have all the packages needed and there is still an older 1.34 version of smokeping on my machine that works just fine but I really want this

up and running to stay current with the smokeping development. If there is anyone that has the slightest idea about what this is and how to

fix it he or she would make me a very happy man.

Gudmo