[smokeping-users] Smokeping w/FreeBSD 6 & fping

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Fri Mar 24 18:28:05 MET 2006

	I found that after upgrading my server from FreeBSD 5.4 to FreeBSD 6
(currently 6.1-PRERELEASE), that there seem to be a lot more 1/20
losses over time in my smokeping setup. This is evident in the graphs
showing the last 400 days. On all of my graphs starting at the time
of the upgrade are now a light blue. This is common across the board
for all fping monitors. I updated and recompiled fping as well as
practically everything on my system to make sure something wasn't out
of whack, but I still have the same results. Any ideas with this? I
suspect something changed that is inhibiting fping in some way. I
haven't been able to catch it because it happens randomly throughout
the day. I'm sure this isn't actually the case because other tools I
have running on the same box simultaneously to troubleshoot (mtr)
don't show the same loss.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
fear" -- Mark Twain