[smokeping-users] AW: Re: Smokeping IOSPing

Andreas Schneider Andreas.Schneider at Vishay.com
Mon May 15 14:28:45 MEST 2006

Hello Niko,

because uncommenting the 3 lines giving me more error messages, i dig a bit deeper into CiscoIOS.
And there is the rub(in my case). The behaviour using a Cisco SWITCH instead of a Cisco ROUTER is
a bit different. In my IOS-Version(12.2(20)EWA3) it's not enough to create a user. You have to
explicit
assign the ping command to that privilege level with which the user loggs on.
I configured that on my switches, and for now it works :-)

Perl is still all Greek to me,
but thanks a lot for all the hints and tipps and pushing me a bit deeper into CiscoIOS.

until my next Problem...

Best regards,
Andreas