[smokeping-users] Can not generate RRDs

Frank Steinborn steinex at nognu.de
Sat Oct 7 17:50:07 MEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Smokeping on a SuSE 8.1 box. I installed RRDtool
and Smokepings depencies and finally Smokeping itself without any
problem. However, if I run the Smokeping command-line tool, I just get
these errors:

steinex at scott:~/smokeping-2.0.5/bin> ./smokeping
### fping seems to report in 1 milliseconds
Useless use of numeric lt (<) in void context at (eval 16) line 10.
Useless use of numeric lt (<) in void context at (eval 16) line 13.
Useless use of numeric lt (<) in void context at (eval 16) line 16.
Useless use of numeric lt (<) in void context at (eval 16) line 19.
Useless use of numeric lt (<) in void context at (eval 16) line 22.
Useless use of numeric lt (<) in void context at (eval 16) line 25.
Useless use of numeric gt (>) in void context at (eval 16) line 28.
Useless use of numeric gt (>) in void context at (eval 16) line 31.
Useless use of numeric gt (>) in void context at (eval 16) line 34.
RRDs::create ERROR: can't parse argument 'RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:1008'
Warning: no logging method specified. Messages will be lost.
Daemonizing ./smokeping ...

Any hints what could be wrong here? I'm into it for hours now, without
any luck.

Best regards,
Frank