[smokeping-users] Re: CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP Configuration/Setup...

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Wed Sep 6 22:39:50 MEST 2006

One more question...

If I want to start alerting and sending traps based on thresholds, how
would I go about setting that up? Even if you can point me in the right
direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Dan

>>> "DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI" <dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com> 08/23/06 11:50
AM >>>
That's it! Thanks!

-Dan

>>> "Klaus Kastens" <kka at netuse.de> 08/23/06 11:02 AM >>>
Hello Daniel,

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:06 -0400, DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI wrote:
> I forgot to mention that I am running Smokeping version 1.38

Sorry, I simpy assumed you were using Smokeping 2.x.
In 1.x the configuration syntax is different, ioshost was
configured per "target" in an additional PROBE_CONF section,
not sure if is possible to set this in the "probes" configuration.

Here is an excerpt of a working 1.43 conf with default FPing:

*** Probes ***

+ FPing
binary = /opt/csw/sbin/fping

+ CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP
forks=17

*** Targets ***

probe = FPing

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = *UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

+ level1
menu = ...
title = ...

++ device1
menu = ...
title = ...
host = device1
probe = CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP
+++ PROBE_CONF
ioshost = snmprwcommunity at router

++ device2
menu = ...
title = ...
host = device2
probe = CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP
+++ PROBE_CONF
ioshost = snmprwcommunity at router

 Klaus

--
Klaus Kastens                                               NetUSE AG
Dr.-Hell-Str. 6, D-24107 Kiel,                                Germany