[smokeping-users] Re: small patch to let configure fping source IP

Jonathan TSE Chi Hang chtse at starhub.com
Thu Sep 7 06:15:07 MEST 2006

Hi,

Thanks Cougar pionnering this. Smokeping version 2 probably fulfill our
wishes. I am using:

1) fping-2.4b2_to.tar.gz with the patch from
http://wiki.version6.net/Patches

2) smokeping-2.0.9.tar.gz with the following patch:

=============== start of patch ===============
# diff FPing.pm FPing.pm.org
44,47d43
<
< The (optional) B<source> option lets you configure the source IP
address
< for the pings sent.
<
114d109
<     push @params, "-I $self->{properties}{source}" if
$self->{properties}{source};
198,212d192
<               source => {
<                       _re => '\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+',
<                       _example => 127.0.0.1,
<                       _default => 203.117.82.3,
<                       _sub => sub {
<                               my ($ip) = @_;
<                               return "ERROR: FPing wrong ip address
$ip"
<                                               if (
$ip!~/\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+/ );
<                               return undef;
<                       },
<                       _doc => <<DOC,
< The fping "-I" parameter, lets you configure the source IP address for
the
< pings sent.
< DOC
<               },

=============== end of patch ===============

=============== start of config ===============

*** Probes ***

+ FPing
binary = /bin/fping

++ FPing_1
source = 1.2.3.3

++ FPing_2
source = 1.2.3.4

*** Targets ***

probe = FPing_1
menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome to the SmokePing website of xxx Company. \
         Here you will learn all about the latency of our network.

+ World
menu = World
title = Worldwide Connectivity

++ USA

menu = North America
title =North American Connectivity

+++ Sun
probe = FPing_1
menu = Sun Microsystems
title = Sun Microsystems Webserver
host = www.sun-web.com

++ Singapore

menu = Singapore
title = Singapore

+++ Starhub
probe = FPing_2
menu = Starhub
title = Starhub
host = www.starhub.com

Cheers!
Jonathan at Starhub

StarHub Ltd.    Reg. No.: 199802208C This email is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not view, disseminate, use or copy this email. Kindly notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Thank you. Please visit our website at www.starhub.com