[smokeping-users] Impact of changing the database attributes

Srinivas Makam smakam60540 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 19:06:04 MEST 2006

Hi,

  I have been running Smokeping 2.04 for several months with the following attributes for the database:

  step = 420
  pings = 10

  If I change them to different values (300, 20) in the config file and restart the Smokeping daemon, will I be able to still view the old rrd files via the browser? Or, I can no longer view the historical data with the old set of attributes?

  thanks for your help.

  Srinivas Makam
  Sun Microsystems