[smokeping-users] Re: Smokeping RPM

mchandler at solutions.canon.com mchandler at solutions.canon.com
Wed Sep 20 18:19:48 MEST 2006

Great, I know nothing about nothing, but I'd be willing to help....  Maybe
test it out?  But I'm sure the entire smokeping community would be willing
to test it.

Chandler Bing

             Craig Dibble
             <craig at rootdev.co
             Sent by:                  Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
             smokeping-users-b                                          cc
             ounce at list.ee.eth         mchandler at solutions.canon.com,
             z.ch                      smokeping-users
                                       <smokeping-users at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                                                                   Subject
             09/19/2006 11:56          [smokeping-users] Re: Smokeping RPM
             PM

Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> yes .. Config::Grammar ... still confused by the name change ...

Ah, right.

> Config::Grammar does not use xml out of respect for humans who edit
> config files ... xml is good for parsers not for humans ...

Yeah, tell me about it - this is self inflicted pain :-(

> in any event, the config ability would have to be integrated into
> config::grammar, so there is no issue with parsing, and the xml or
> not question becomes irrelevant at that level ...

Indeed - food for thought. Thanks,

Craig