[smokeping-users] creating a smokeping like www.dslreports.com/smokeping

peter Mistich peter.mistich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 20:22:50 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I'm new to smoke ping and have been trying to recreate the smokeping on
dslreports so you can enter a ip address and it auto adds it to the
smokeping config and runs it for one day.

I have made several attempts but have failed. the issue I keep running into
is the config file you cannot include a directory of config files just the
config files itself.

if it would allow me to read a directory of configs I could write a seprate
config for each ip and then reload smokeping.

one note I'd like to be able to do this with out modfying smokeping its self
so that in futher updates I do not have to modfiy each version.

any suggestions,
Pete