[smokeping-users] smokeping's server capacity

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Dec 3 11:53:41 CET 2007

Hi Dez,

> > you might want to look into using the remote smokeping
> > functionality
> >

> Are you talking about the slave/master setup? How would that help?

this depends on where your load is comming from ... 800 targets
should realy be no problem ... so my guess is, it is a latency
issue with the ciscos not sending pings as fast as fping is able to
... so if you had fping in remote locations you could probably
achieve lower pinging latency ...

just guessing

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902