[smokeping-users] opendir /Smokeping/probes: No such file or directory

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Mon Jan 29 21:31:53 CET 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 07:06:17PM +0000, Andrew Hall wrote:

> However, when I hit the smokeping.cgi through my webserver I get this error...
>
> opendir /Smokeping/probes: No such file or directory at
> /usr/local/smokeping/lib/Smokeping.pm line 1276

> I can confirm that in my bin/smokeping and smokeping.cgi files I have
> this entry...
>
> use lib qw(/usr/local/smokeping/lib);
>
> ...and indeed the directory /usr/local/smokeping/lib/Smokeping/probes
> does exist.

This is strange indeed. Just to be sure, does
/usr/local/smokeping/lib/Smokeping/probes/FPing.pm exist (and is
it a plain file, not a symlink or something, with the whole
path readable by the web server user)?

> However, I do not see /usr/local/smokeping/lib in my perl path...
>
> [user at machine bin]# perl -e "print qq(@INC)" | grep smokeping

This is expected, the "use lib" line manipulates @INC at
runtime.

> Is there a way for me to permanently add /usr/local/smokeping/lib to @INC ?

I guess the "-I" perl option would do, but the "use lib" stuff should
be enough.

Desperate measures might be to insert some debugging info in
find_libdir() to print out each directory it's trying...

Cheers,
--
Niko