[smokeping-users] Smokeping under Windows

Manville Arnaud AManville at ugap.fr
Tue Jul 31 17:04:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Smokeping under windows using cygwin.

I followed the instructions given on the site dev.pulsed.net.

I've installed last version of smokeping (2.1.1) , rrdtool 1.2.15 for Windows, ActivePerl 5.8.8.820 and fping 2.17.

When strating smokeping.pl, I have the following messages :

NOTE: your fping binary doesn't support source address setting (-S), I will igno
re any sourceaddress configurations - see  http://bugs.debian.org/198486.
### assuming you are using an fping copy reporting in milliseconds
Unrecognized escape \v passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/^\smokep
ing-2.1.1\v <-- HERE ar/*/ at C:\smokeping-2.1.1\lib/Smokeping.pm line 351.
Smokeping version 2.001001 successfully launched.
Not entering multiprocess mode for just a single probe.
FPing: probing 1 targets with step 45 s and offset 19 s.
Unrecognized escape \v passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/^\smokep
ing-2.1.1\v <-- HERE ar// at C:\smokeping-2.1.1\lib/Smokeping.pm line 1399.
Alert someloss is active for \smokeping-2.1.1\var.World
Alert startloss is active for \smokeping-2.1.1\var.World
FPing: WARNING: smokeping took 1204 seconds to complete 1 round of polling. It s
hould complete polling in 45 seconds. You may have unresponsive devices in your
setup.

My config.dist is very basic as it is just for testing. I'm just trying to poll one IP address. This IP is of course reachable from my server.

When I open my browser to check the smokeping graph, I can only see an empty graph ? It is like if no data were collected ?

Could you please help me. Thanks.

Arnaud MANVILLE

Ingénieur Système et Réseau

amanville at ugap.fr <mailto:amanville at ugap.fr>

Tél. : 04 67 04 65 53

U.G.A.P.

Département Réseau Sécurité Messagerie

Parc Euromédecine - 255 rue de la Croix Verte

34097 Montpellier Cedex 05

www.ugap.fr <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/amanville/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Signatures/www.ugap.fr>