[smokeping-users] Embedded modules?

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Fri Jun 8 13:02:51 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:07:58AM +0200, Terje Bless wrote:

> However, if you're adamant that packagers should not “work
> around” the embedded copies of those modules I'll take that
> into account at least for what I submit to Fedora and EPEL (not
> sure what I'll do internally). I suspect the package QA review
> will bring up these very issues, but I'm not sufficiently
> familiar with their policy to know whether these will be
> considered significant issues or not. It may well be they'll
> consider this a non-issue for all I know.

FWIW, the Debian smokeping package I (co-)maintain does not use or install
the SNMP_Session module bundled with Smokeping, but rather a separately
packaged one. This is standard practice, and having separate copies of
the same library is considered a bug.

The Config::Grammar module is not packaged separately for Debian because
Smokeping is the only program using it, so we install and use the version
bundled with Smokeping.

Cheers,
--
Niko