[smokeping-users] Recurring problem when I attempt to restart smokeping

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Sun Jun 10 20:44:26 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 09:49:52AM -0700, Christian Vo wrote:

> /usr/local/smokeping-2.0.9/bin/smokeping --restart
> --config=/usr/local/etc/smokeping/config
> ### fping seems to report in 1 milliseconds
> Error: RRD parameter mismatch ('Wrong value of step:
> /usr/local/var/smokeping/World/Europe/Paris.rrd has 577783189913731222,
> create string has 150'). You must delete
> /usr/local/var/smokeping/World/Europe/Paris.rrd or fix the configuration
> parameters.
>
> I'm suspecting it has something to do with timestamps?...
> previously, we'd just delete the .rrd files.. but I don't think that
> addresses the issue.

This looks like the RRD file is corrupted or was created on a different
architecture. Does 'rrdtool dump Paris.rrd | grep step' show the same
value?

If the file is corrupted, I don't think anything else than deleting the
file is going to help. No idea why this would happen, though. Sorry.

Cheers,
--
Niko