[smokeping-users] CheckLatency matcher

pooshgul pooshgul at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 20:45:17 CEST 2007

Hi Bee,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestion but it doesn't seem to work.

I get the following error when i restart the smokeping after making the
changes as you suggested.

[root at test ~]# service smokeping start
Starting smokeping: ERROR: alert 260highlatency
(/usr/local/smokeping/var/location/host/host1) is not defined
### fping seems to report in 1 milliseconds
                                                           [FAILED]

+260highlantency

type = matcher
edgetrigger = yes
pattern =  CheckLatency(l=>260,x=>10)
comment = Checking increase in Latency

++host1
alerts = 260highlatency

I don't know what is wrong and where.

Thanks and regards
Shekher
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Shekher,

You can define different checkLatency alert

+100highlantency

type = matcher
edgetrigger = yes
pattern =  CheckLatency(l=>100,x=10)

+300highlantency

type = matcher
edgetrigger = yes
pattern =  CheckLatency(l=>300,x=10)

Apply the latency alert to the host that you want.

+host1
alert=300highlatency

+host2
alert=100highlatency