[smokeping-users] remote execution module for new probe and debugging

Kashmishman kashmish at gmail.com
Mon May 28 04:36:08 CEST 2007

Hi all,

we got a new probe in place - for owamp - , that we need to use via
remote systems.
a simple local probe (Owping.pm), based on skel.pm works already as
expected.

to be able to use it remotely, we tried to make another remote-probe,
based on RemoteFPing.pm;
But it seems things are not just straight forward. So far we only
replaced:
use base qw(Smokeping::probes::FPing);
with
use base qw(Smokeping::probes::Owping);
but this doesnt seem to be enough, we are getting ssh-errors. Seems the
ssh-line is not being compiled as expected.

was wondering what our debugging options are? i set --debug and tried
out a few things like:
$self->do_debug("something");
within the code, but no visible output so far.

any debugging pointers or even better, some hints how to 're-use'
RemoteFPing would be fantastic!

TIA
-k