[smokeping-users] smokeping's server capacity

Dez Cadena dez at otenet.gr
Fri Nov 30 16:11:23 CET 2007

Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Dez,
>
> what makes you think the process is diskbound ? do you have high iowait ?

Tobi,

I thought that all storing to RRDs is performed right after all polling
is done but I guess I'm wrong. By doing a smokeping --debug, I realised
that RTTMon operation is set for first x devices (x=number of forks for
probe) and then the response for those devices is stored to the
appropriate RRDs... and so on

So, the only way to further improve the "performnce" is to increase the
number of forks per probe?