[smokeping-users] smokeping System Availability email

Christopher Hubbard Christopher.Hubbard at clearwire.com
Thu Oct 4 03:34:39 CEST 2007

I recently installed smokeping and have everything working; however
there is one problem that I have not been able to resolve.

The digest email that is using HTML gets all of the formatting stripped
in both Outlook, as well as Evolution.  Am I missing a setting in the
html to have it actually sent as HTML, and not plain text?

This is what I get as text in my mail clients..

I added the charset and encoding values myself, and it still just
displays as straight text..

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" > <html>
<head> <TITLE>DIA System Availability Report</TITLE> <STYLE TYPE
='text/css'> .appHeader {

            color: #000000;

            font-family: Arial, Sans-Serif;

            font-size: 12px;

            font-weight: bold;

            padding-left: 10px;

            padding-top: 7px;

            border-width: 10px;

            border-color: #FFFFFF;

Here is the initial attempt with defaults:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" > <html>
<head> <TITLE>IT System Availability Report</TITLE> <STYLE TYPE
='text/css'> .appHeader {

            color: #000000;

            font-family: Arial, Sans-Serif;

            font-size: 12px;

            font-weight: bold;

            padding-left: 10px;

            padding-top: 7px;

            border-width: 10px;

Vegetarians eat vegetables, Humanitarians frighten me.

Chris Hubbard

christopher.hubbard at clearwire.com