[smokeping-users] Your fping binary doesnt support source address setting (-S)

Scott Z. mlists at pinesalad.net
Tue Oct 30 01:43:06 CET 2007

Greg,

If I recall this only affects you if your going to be pinging out through multiple interfaces on the same box.  If you are going to use a single Ethernet port for your pings then it's nothing to worry about.

Otherwise you need to get the patch and fping source to compile an fping version with source addressing enabled. Details are on the Smokeping homepage under the install requirements section.

-Scott