[smokeping-users] RRD graph errors with 2.2.6

Russell Dwarshuis rjd at merit.edu
Wed Oct 31 23:47:54 CET 2007

I'm running 2.2.6 on a host like master.merit.edu and I just added a slave
with a display_name like slave.merit.edu  Data is being collected
successfully in the RRDs, but I'm getting an rrd graph error for the top
level of each target from the web site.  A sample of the web page output
with the applicable lines is:

ERROR: Could not parse color in ''
(snip)
'AREA:dmlow1'
'AREA:s2d1#ff000030::STACK'
'LINE1:dm1#ff0000:median RTT from master.merit.edu'
(snip)
'AREA:dmlow2'
'AREA:s2d2#::STACK'
'LINE1:dm2#:median RTT from '

So it looks like s2d2 and dm2 are missing the color specification, and dm2
is also missing "slave.merit.edu" after "from".  The individual host
graphs are OK, except the name is also missing on the slave.merit.edu
graphs.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

                                      -Russell Dwarshuis