[smokeping-users] problem with graph time when runnng smokeping and speedycgi in a VMWare VM

Jeff Williams jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:36:58 CEST 2007

On 9/5/07, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:

> rrdtool takes the time from the OS and uses libc time functions for
> its work ... strftime, mktime ...
>
> no idea why vmware should be affecting this ...
>
> could it be that you have an odd locale there ?

 Tobi,

Thanks for the quick response. I don't think I have an odd locale. Here is
the output of the locale command on that machine.

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Is that what you were looking for? Let me know if there is something else
you want me to check. Thanks.

Jeff Williams