[smokeping-users] DNS probe - sqrt error

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 04:55:32 CEST 2007

When I try to view the webpage for a particular DNS target, I get the
following error:

Can't take sqrt of -4.62018e-22 at
/usr/local/smokeping/lib/Smokeping/RRDhelpers.pm line 55.

...but the problem is intermittent. One target in particular almost
always gives the error when I view its page. Once it occurred on all
my DNS targets; and sometimes it doesn't happen on any of them. I'm
using the normal dig probe:

$ dig -v
DiG 9.3.4-P1

with a fresh install of smokeping 2.2.2:

/usr/local/smokeping/bin/smokeping --version
2.002002

Has anyone else experienced this error?

- Ken