[smokeping-users] Problem with Slave

Brian Talley briant at lpbroadband.net
Mon Apr 14 05:14:27 CEST 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:56:13 +0800
Lai Chen Kang <laichenkang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Just upgraded to version 2.3.5. Previously 2.3.3.

You upgraded both slaves and master, right?

> Now all my slaves starts with "No secret found for slave xxxxxxxxx"
>
> All previous upgrades are fine until now.
>
> My upgrade procedure is as follows:
> 1.	Change the /bin/smokeping
> 	use lib qw(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/RRDs);
> 	use lib qw(/opt/smokeping/lib);
> 	Smokeping:main("/opt/smokeping/etc/config");
>
> 2.	touch /etc/config
>
> 3.	copy smokeping_secrets

Not sure what this is doing.  To where are you copying?

> 4.	chmod 400 smokeping_secrets

Ok, you chmodded - good.  Did you also verify that the file is owned by the user calling the file?
Depending on your setup, this would probably either be the user that httpd runs as or a suexec
user.  If you suexec, the secrets file should be owned by the same user that owns smokeping.cgi.

> Any ideas?

Try starting smokeping using the '--debug' switch.

Good luck,

--

Brian Talley
LP Broadband :: briant at lpbroadband.net