[smokeping-users] Master/slave Mode doens't work anymore

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Wed Apr 16 15:20:30 CEST 2008

smokeping                         2.3.5-2

>From my master's config:

*** Slaves ***

secrets=/etc/smokeping/slavesecrets.conf

+ mailhost
display_name=mailhost
location=CVM
color=b22222

+ charcom
display_name=charcom
location=CCM
color=ffff00

+ rispacs-perf
display_name=rispacs-perf
location=RISPACS
color=32cd32

yet my slaves ALL (!) report:

# /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/sbin/smokeping --debug
  --master-url=http://netserv2.charite.de/smokeping/index.cgi
  --cache-dir=/var/lib/smokeping
  --shared-secret=/etc/smokeping/slavesecrets.conf
WARNING: No secret found for slave rispacs-perf

Sent data to Server. Server said WARNING: No secret found for slave rispacs-perf
ERROR: we did not get config from the master. Maybe we are not
configured as a slave for any of the targets on the master ?

Hey, of course I defined that. It used to work up to the upgrade
from 2.3.2-1 --> 2.3.5-2

# cat slavesecrets.conf
rispacs-perf:top_secret
mailhost:top_secret
charcom:top_secret

and on the slave:
# cat slavesecrets.conf
top_secret

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des IT-Zentrums)         Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155