[smokeping-users] Windows Box as slave

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Apr 22 18:07:39 CEST 2008

Hi Lai,

I have not tried it, but to be realy usefull, I guess smokeping
would have to be modified a bit.

a) the dependency on rrdtool could be removed since the slaves do
   not need it.

b) smokepig could be compiled into a service so that it can run
   independently of the things happening on the box.

c) integration with a 'sensible' windows ping to reduce
   dependencies.

d) provide an installer package on windows to simplify deployment.

is anyone interested in such a project? Would anyone be willing to
sponsor such an effort?

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902