[smokeping-users] Graph scale problem

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Apr 29 13:28:54 CEST 2008

Hi Dan,

yes you did find a number of corner cases here .. the problem realy
is what algorithm to use for the proper scaling. At the moment I
only look at the median and then add some space on top of it. But
maybe we should look at some other property ...

look for the find_max function in Smokeping.pm to see what is
presently being done ...

as for the logarithm stuff, this is a user contributed feature
which is not well integrated. I do all my work without it enabled,
I guess it would need rather different settings to work well.

For the upcomming ajax version of smoekping I imagine to have graph
properties configurable interactively so that you can make a graph
look right by hand once you have identified an interesting section.

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902