[smokeping-users] Smokeping graph export

David Tomic tomic.david at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 17:41:49 CEST 2008

Alexis Letessier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All the images in imgcache are those that have been generated by the
> cgi. They are not all up to date if you didn't visit all the targets.
If that's the problem you're having, then couldn't you fix it very
easily by just using wget [or something similar] to access the pages you
need?

If you ran that automatically every 'x' minutes as a simple cron task,
then wouldn't that work just fine in keeping the images up to date?

> I created html pages in a wiki where i put many links to smokeping cgi
> and they sometimes don't display the images properly. I would like to
> put those images statically in the webserver in order to display them
> quickly.  I also have this AllCactiIndicators page that has all
> indicators in thumbnail format in order to have a quick overview of
> the systems and network. It would be nice to have all smokeping graphs
> in one page too.

Have you already got some multi-target graphs setup then?  IE -
http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping-demo/?target=multi

They work really well if you just want to get a quick overview of
several different graphs.