[smokeping-users] URL and URL Sequence Monitoring with SiteScope?

Thu Aug 14 16:45:27 CEST 2008

Fellow Smokeping users,

Do you use Smokeping to monitor web site up/down and response times? If so,
how? (Curl probe?)

How about for URL sequence monitoring? What I mean by that is actually
testing a sequence of events on a web site such as logging in and verifying
that login was successful.

The reason I ask is because I currently do our URL monitoring with a tool
called SiteScope, which at one time was a wonderful product. However since
being bought up by HP, it has gone to pot and I can no longer stand it and
HP's terrible tech support. So I wonder if Smokeping could be used as an
alternative, or if maybe you could recommend an alternative product.

TIA,

Eric Brander