[smokeping-users] historical tracking of mtr/traceroute reports

Phillip Moore pdm at pobox.com
Mon Aug 18 19:10:18 CEST 2008

Does anyone know of something existing that could be used to track
historically mtr/traceroute runs to correlate to badness seen in
smokeping?  I have Smokeping monitoring  connectivity between many
datacenters with master/slave. It proves helpful diagnosing problems
(often postmortem) and ruling the network in or out of the root cause
of a problem. Being able to see runs of mtr during the problem would
prove very helpful to netops though to see if there were routing
anomalies.

What I'd like to get (or create) is something that keeps a history of
the mtr/traceroute and be available for correlating to badness seen in
smokeping/FPing graphs. I thought I would check to see if anyone knew
of something existing before I go off on my own. I'll be the first to
admit I have no idea yet how this data would be represented in a UI
and integrated into smokeping UI.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Phillip Moore
-pdm