[smokeping-users] Smokeping 500 Internal Server Error or a Blank page

Joyce Gutierrez joycee729 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 11:28:20 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

I was able to install and make use of Smokeping 2.34 for about 3 months now..

Unfortunately, one day, when I tried to access my smokeping installation

         http://address/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi

the error "500 Internal Server Error" or a blank page is displayed on the browser...

The weird thing is,I have not made any changes to any of the config files of my current installation of smokeping.

I have read on some posts of people who encountered the same problem, and they say that it's just about the owner of the smokeping.cgi. I have tried to change the owner of smokeping.cgi from root:root to apache:apache; but, unfortunately I am still having the blank page/500 Internal server error.

I hope somebody could help me please,,the information smokeping gives us is very vital for me and my colleagues..

Thank you in advance,

joyce