[smokeping-users] slave rrd's not updated

Chris smokeping at nospam.kritz.nl
Sat Jul 5 17:33:20 CEST 2008

G.W. Haywood wrote:
>> ... Smokeping 2.3.6 on FreeBSD 7.0 ... one slave active. On both
>> the server and slave I enabled debugging. On the master I see the
>> updates of the rrd archives with the data from the probes executed
>> by the server, but I don't see anything about the probes executed by
>> the slave. The slave says: "Sent data to Server. Server said OK",
>> but the server doesn't log anything
>>

> Are you sure that you have checked the right log?

Well the master probes are visible in the logs. And at this moment the
slave updates are also visible in the logs.
>> and also doesn't update the rrd archives. The archives are writable
>> by the webserver user.
>>

> Have you seen this thread?
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/smokeping-users@lists.oetiker.ch/msg03176.html
>
> (it doesn't yet have a tail end... :)

Thanks! It seems to be a problems with the permissions of
/usr/local/var/smokeping and child dirs. Not only the .rrd files are
updated, but also new files are created. Changed the permissions to 777
everything works. I will use suexec to make smokeping.cgi run as the
same user as the smokeping daemon.