[smokeping-users] Master/Slave "No secret found..."

Christian Benke benke at inqnet.at
Wed Jul 9 18:50:05 CEST 2008

Hello!

I'm struggling with my Master/Slave-Setup and i believe after skimming
through the mailinglist i've straightened out all syntax-errors.
On the Master-Machine the Slave-config looks like this(slavesecrets
mode 400, ownership www-data:www-data):

*** Slaves ***
#
## make sure this is not world-readable!
secrets=/etc/smokeping/slavesecrets.conf
#
+slave1
display_name=location-of-host.in.mydomain.at
location=wien
color=0000ff

++override
Probes.FPing.binary = /usr/bin/fping

I've also added the line "slaves=slave1" to some targets in the
Targets-Section, the /etc/smokeping/slavesecrets.conf(mode 400,
ownership www-data:www-data) looks like this:

slave1:testblasmoke71

On the slave-machine i start with this command:

sudo -u www-data /usr/sbin/smokeping
--master-url=http://$internal-master-ip/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi
--cache-dir=/var/smokeping/
--shared-secret=/var/smokeping/slavesecrets.conf --debug

and promptly get the answer:
WARNING: No secret found for slave location-of-host.in.mydomain.at

Sent data to Server. Server said WARNING: No secret found for slave
location-of-host.in.mydomain.at ERROR: we did not get config from
the master. Maybe we are not configured as a slave for any of the
targets on the master ?

On the master, the apache-error.log says:

smokeping.cgi [client $client-internal-ip]: Use of uninitialized value
in string eq at /usr/share/perl5/smokeping/Smokeping/Master.pm line 233.

Looks like the client doesn't send a secret - but where is the problem?
Is there a syntax-error or a permission problem(Allthough i've tried
several options, smokeping usually complains when the permissions fail)?

regards
Christian

--
Christian Benke