[smokeping-users] I cant get ping to work with big packets

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 19:21:38 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Jon Bendtsen wrote:

> I want to ping a host with bigger than normal packets, but it doesnt
> work as i expect
>
> Starting up gives this error:
> require Smokeping::probes::ping1024 failed: Can't locate Smokeping/
> probes/ping1024.pm in @INC

I'm guessing you have no Perl module called ping1024.pm and that you
never expected that you would have one, right?

> *** Probes ***
>
> + FPing
> binary = /usr/bin/fping
>
> +ping1024
> binary = /usr/bin/fping
> packetsize = 1024

I think you syntax is incorrect.

Try something this?  I haven't tried it exactly like this myself.

*** Probes ***

+ FPing
binary = /usr/bin/fping

++ping1024
packetsize = 1024

If you were to say that the documentation could be clearer in places,
then I wouldn't disagree.

--

73,
Ged.