[smokeping-users] Smokeping only keeping 4 weeks of data

Ryan Harden hardenrm at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 31 20:19:18 CEST 2008

I'm having an issue where I have three installations of smokeping.
(versions 2.3, 2.3.2, and 2.3.5)

A user pointed out that on the 300 days graph, all probes across all
three installations stop in the last week of June. One has been running
since October 2007, another January, and another since February.

This section of the config file is pretty much identical on all three
installations. Is there something I have configured incorrectly? Am I
missing something on my linux boxes?

*** General ***

owner    = UIUC CITES Network Engineering
contact  = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailhost = localhost
sendmail = /usr/lib/sendmail
imgcache = /services/ctweb/public_html/http/smokeping/cache
imgurl   = cache
datadir  = /services/ctweb/applications/smokeping/data
piddir  = /services/ctweb/applications/smokeping/var
cgiurl   = http://url/smokeping.cgi
smokemail = /services/ctweb/applications/smokeping/etc/smokemail
tmail = /services/ctweb/applications/smokeping/etc/tmail
display_name = ctweb1
# specify this to get syslog logging
syslogfacility = local2
# each probe is now run in its own process
# disable this to revert to the old behaviour
# concurrentprobes = no

*** Alerts ***
to = xxxxxxxxxxxxx
from = xxxxx

+someloss
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = >0%,*12*,>0%,*12*,>0%
comment = loss 3 times  in a row

*** Database ***

step     = 30
pings    = 20

# consfn mrhb steps total

AVERAGE  0.5   1  1008
AVERAGE  0.5  12  4320
    MIN  0.5  12  4320
    MAX  0.5  12  4320
AVERAGE  0.5 144   720
    MAX  0.5 144   720
    MIN  0.5 144   720

*** Presentation ***

template = /services/ctweb/applications/smokeping/etc/basepage.html

+ charts

menu = Charts
title = The most interesting destinations

++ stddev
sorter = StdDev(entries=>4)
title = Top Standard Deviation
menu = Std Deviation
format = Stdandard Deviation %f

++ max
sorter = Max(entries=>5)
title = Top Max Roundtrip Time
menu = by Max
format = Max Roundtrip Time %f seconds

++ loss
sorter = Loss(entries=>5)
title = Top Packet Loss
menu = Loss
format = Packets Lost %f

++ median
sorter = Median(entries=>5)
title = Top Median Roundtrip Time
menu = by Median
format = Median RTT %f seconds

+ overview

width = 600
height = 200
range = 10h

+ detail

width = 600
height = 200
unison_tolerance = 2
nodata_color = dddddd
loss_background = yes

"Last 3 Hours"    3h
"Last 30 Hours"   30h
"Last 10 Days"    10d
"Last 400 Days"   400d

# NOT CURRENTLY USING THIS
#+ hierarchies
#++ UIUCBuoys
#title = UIUC Buoys
#++ OTHERBuoys
#title = Other Buoys
#++ DNS
#title = DNS Probes
#++ HOSTS
#title = Various Hosts

*** Probes ***

+FPing
# binary = /usr/sbin/fping
binary = /services/ctweb/bin/fp-test

+DNS
forks = 5
timeout = 5
offset = random
binary = /usr/bin/dig

- --
Ryan M. Harden, BS, KC9IHX		Office: 217-265-5192
CITES - Network Engineering		Cell:  	630-363-0365
2130 Digital Computer Lab		Fax:    217-244-7089
1304 W. Springfield	 		email:  hardenrm at illinois.edu
Urbana, IL  61801

		University of Illinois - ICCN