[smokeping-users] problem with --static : Can't locate object method "script_name" via package "dummyCGI" (2.3.6)

Jean Raby raby.jean at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 03:52:39 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to use smokeping 2.3.6 on OpenBSD,
I've got a simple configuration file, only one probe, one host. (see below)

I started smokeping without any arguments to let it fork and gather its data,
and I'm trying to run smokeping --static to generate static pages.
(I'll eventually setup perl + speedyCGI in the apache chroot, but I
want to keep it simple for now.)

It seems the probe is working as the rrd files are being updated.

This is what happens when I run smokeping --static :
Can't locate object method "script_name" via package "dummyCGI" at
/usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/Smokeping.pm line 122.

The files under pagedir are updated when I run --static :
koider at nibbler[static]$ ls -l
total 16
-rw-r--r--  1 root  daemon  3024 Jun  6 21:54 Smokepings.html
-rw-r--r--  1 root  daemon     0 Jun  6 21:54 Smokepings.myhost.com.html
-rw-r--r--  1 root  daemon  2658 Jun  6 21:54 index.html

However, only the "basepage" is populated.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks

--
Jean

Config file
------------------------
*** General ***

owner    = Joe Blake
contact  = me at mail.com
#mailhost = my.mail.host
sendmail = /usr/sbin/sendmail
pagedir=/var/www/htdocs/smokeping/static
imgcache = /var/www/htdocs/smokeping/img
imgurl   = /smokeping/img
datadir  = /var/db/smokeping
piddir  = /var/run/smokeping
cgiurl   = http://localhost/smokeping/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi
smokemail = /etc/smokeping/smokemail
tmail = /etc/smokeping/tmail
# specify this to get syslog logging
syslogfacility = local0
# each probe is now run in its own process
# disable this to revert to the old behaviour
# concurrentprobes = no

*** Alerts ***
to = me at mail.com
from = smokeping at somehost.com

+someloss
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = >0%,*12*,>0%,*12*,>0%
comment = loss 3 times  in a row

*** Database ***

step     = 60
pings    = 20

# consfn mrhb steps total

AVERAGE  0.5   1  43200
AVERAGE  0.5  12  4320
    MIN  0.5  12  4320
    MAX  0.5  12  4320
AVERAGE  0.5 144   720
    MAX  0.5 144   720
    MIN  0.5 144   720

*** Presentation ***

template = /etc/smokeping/basepage.html

+ charts

menu = Charts
title = The most interesting destinations

++ stddev
sorter = StdDev(entries=>4)
title = Top Standard Deviation
menu = Std Deviation
format = Standard Deviation %f

++ max
sorter = Max(entries=>5)
title = Top Max Roundtrip Time
menu = by Max
format = Max Roundtrip Time %f seconds

++ loss
sorter = Loss(entries=>5)
title = Top Packet Loss
menu = Loss
format = Packets Lost %f

++ median
sorter = Median(entries=>5)
title = Top Median Roundtrip Time
menu = by Median
format = Median RTT %f seconds

+ overview

width = 600
height = 100
range = 1d

+ detail

width = 600
height = 200
unison_tolerance = 2

"Last 3 Hours"    3h
"Last 30 Hours"   30h
"Last 10 Days"    10d
"Last 400 Days"   400d

*** Probes ***

+ FPing

binary = /usr/local/sbin/fping

*** Targets ***

probe = FPing

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome to the SmokePing website of xxx Company. \
         Here you will learn all about the latency of our network.

+ Smokepings
menu = Smokepings
title = Monitored hosts

++ myhost.com