[smokeping-users] Smoke cut-off problem back in 2.4.0?

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Thu Jun 12 07:41:57 CEST 2008

Hi Brian,

well, if you compare the output you get now, whith earlier output,
you will notice, that there is now more smoke. So what changed is
not that smoke gets cut of, but that more smoke is displayed.
Erlier there was a bug that prevented smoke that was 'out of the
picture' to be even displayed ...

So I am still trying to figure a good (automatic) solution here. At
the moment I am using the median to scale the graph and just add a
factor of 1.5 to the median to give some space to smoke. The idea
is that I do not want the scale the graph into the bottom just
because there is some high smoke ... but maybe this is wrong.

Would you prefere is all smoke was on the graph ?

anyone ?

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902