[smokeping-users] any problem with setting display timezome for smokeping graphs?

Phillip Moore pdm at pobox.com
Fri Jun 13 16:32:20 CEST 2008

I am using smokeping master/slaves with hosts all over the place and
my hosts are in GMT time. However, for display to a real human I'd
like to display in a local time zone the graphs so that correlations
can easily be made with other graphing systems. Is there any problem
with just changing the time zone in smokeping.cgi? I've had mixed
success changing $ENV{TZ} in a running perl script in the past. I also
don't want to cause confusion with the slaves sending data in GMT and
then the master (smokeping.cgi) getting confused because it is US/
Pacific for instance just so graphs display in a friendly timezone.

THanks,
Phillip Moore