[smokeping-users] premature end of script headers

Matthew Ingersole m.ingersole at sulo.com.au
Tue Jun 17 03:55:20 CEST 2008

Hi All,

New list member, but long time fan of smokeping. I've reached a point in
the installation that I can't seem to get past. When I open
smokeping.cgi in a web browser, I get a 500 error and the
httpd-error.log shows:

[error] (8) Exec format error: exec of
/usr/local/smokeping/htdocs/smokeping.cgi failed

[error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers:
/usr/local/smokeping/htdocs/smokeping.cgi

>From my web searches all I've been able to find is something relating to
the placement of the img/ within a cgi enabled directory, but that
doesn't seem to be the issue.

Grateful for any assistance.

Regards,

Matt