[smokeping-users] No data being displayed for slave machine

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 14:59:30 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, David Tomic wrote:

> > You mean that smokeping is actually updating the .rrd files now?!
>
> Well ... [still] only the ones that I've chmod'ed  to 777, but it's been
> doing that all along.

Argh++;

> All that changed with my last post was that the process id's were being
> included properly in the logfile.
>
> The [slave] .rrds that are only writeable by smokeping still aren't
> being updated unfortunately.

Just a shot in the dark - I take it that you are not running SELinux?

Assuming that the answer is 'no':

Please post the output of 'ls -l' for every directory in the path to your (slave)
.rrd files.  For example if your .rrd files are in /var/lib/smokeping/TEST2/ then
I'd like to see the output of

ls -l /
ls -l /var
ls -l /var/lib
ls -l /var/lib/smokeping
and
ls -l /var/lib/smokeping/TEST2

I know it might be a lot of output.  I'm actually only interested in
the permissions for the var, lib, smokeping and TEST2 directories (in
this example) but I'd prefer it if you didn't edit any of the output
so I don't have to worry about something that you haven't mentioned,
like a logfile on the command line... :)

--

73,
Ged.