[smokeping-users] [HELP] TCPPing Probe = blank graphs

David Tomic young_einstein at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 4 01:09:11 CET 2008

Hi folks,

First off ... I'm very much a novice at all this, so please take it easy
on me. ;)

I've got a basic SmokePing configuration up and running without any
problems.

I've got a copy of the tcpping script on my machine, and I've added all
the necessary data into my SmokePing config file, as per
http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/probe/TCPPing.en.html

The binary path is definitely set correctly, and I also know that the
tcpping script is working, since I can run it fine through a terminal
window.

The trouble is, when I set the probe type to TCPPing on one of my
graphs, it just doesn't seem to generate any data.

I've done some searching and come up with this post, which seems like
it's the same problem that I'm seeing, but I'm afraid that his
'solution' doesn't really mean much to me.

Can anyone offer me any help/advice on what I might need to do to get
this working properly?

Much appreciated.

Regards,
--David Tomic