[smokeping-users] Problems with detail graph scaling

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed May 21 15:54:07 CEST 2008

Hi Dan,
Today Dan Hamilton wrote:

> I had tried increasing unison_tolerance before, but apparently not high
> enough.  I adjusted it much higher and things are better now, but still
> not perfect.  It appears that adjusting it past a certain point is no
> longer having any effect.
>
> It also seems that the scale used for the 3-hour graph is automatically
> used for the 30-hour and 10-day graphs as well?
>
> It would seem to me that it would be nice to have a config option that
> would set the max scale on the detail graphs to the highest smoke,
> rather than basing it the median value.

I am looking for ways of making this 'just work' so if you have any
input on a general rule for correct scaling, this would be realy
great ... a switch for this is certainly feadible but it seems a
bit awkward ...

> Also, I still have the problem of the labels on some of the overview
> graphs.  Not catastrophic, but ugly none the less.

this is actually an rrdtool issue ... I have made some feeble
attempts to catch it but I have not succeded yet, the code there is
a bit old and not in my brain cache anymore.

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902