[smokeping-users] Navigator graph and javascript error

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 19:39:34 CET 2008

Hi there,

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Abdessamad BARAKAT wrote:

> Please Someone for an idea ?
>
> Abdessamad BARAKAT a écrit :
> >
> > I use smokeping 2.4.2 and the navigator graph doesn't work with this
> > error(in french) on the javascript console (with firefox and safari):
> >
> > Erreur : element is undefined
> > Fichier Source : http://nagios.bourbon.priv/smokeping/cropper/lib/prototype.js
> > Ligne : 1506
> >
> > so it's this line :
> >
> >   getValue: function(element) {
> >      element = $(element);
> > ==>   var method = element.tagName.toLowerCase();   <========

That's not the line that's causing the problem, that's the line which
first shows you that you have a problem.  The problem is (as the error
message says) that 'element' is undefined.  Something is calling the
function but passing an undefined value.

I have no idea why that might be, you need to investigate further and
provide more information.

--

73,
Ged.