[smokeping-users] Possible to change image type / quality?

David Tomic tomic.david at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 06:30:16 CEST 2008

Hi all ...

I'm just wondering whether it's possible to change the file type /
compression that's used to generate the graph images?

My Smokeping setup is growing larger and larger, and the [combined] size
of the images is starting to become a problem in some of the sections.

Obviously when I'm connecting over the LAN this isn't a problem, but
whenever I need to use a remote connection I can definitely feel that
it's a lot slower.  [The server is just running on my home DSL line, so
it's not a particularly fast connection.]

I really don't want to make the graphs physically smaller [IE - less
pixels], so I'm actually hoping that I can just change the file type /
quality and end up with some smaller images that way?

Any ideas?

Regards,
--David

PS - Yes, I've already split the graphs into different sections to
reduce the number that are displayed on any one page.