[smokeping-users] RRDtool 1.3.2 released (MAJOR BUGFIX!)

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Sat Sep 6 18:25:46 CEST 2008

Users,

I have just released a MAJOR bug-fix release for the rrdtool 1.3.x
series. This fixes a data corruption bug, so I urge everyone to
update.

  RRDtool 1.3.2

get your copy

  http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/download.en.html

MAJOR BUG-FIX:

* When running rrdtool update with multiple updates in one go and
  MMAP enabled, there was a data corruption bug at wrap around.
  See http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/ticket/178 for details
  Thanks to Kevin Brintnall

OTHER FIXES:

* Forward ported rra cur_row randomization patch from rrdtool
  1.2.28 (it got lost in development).

* Contrary to the documentation imginfo did return the full path
  of the image and not only the file name.

* Make --lazy mode work even when PRINT commands are present.
  http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/ticket/163

* Fix Ruby Bindings memory leak.

* Fix compilation on solaris 2.8

* Fix a ton of memory leaks in rrd_create and some in rrd_tool as
  well. Based on valgrind analysis by Sven Engelhardt. Thanks!

* Fix handling of error conditions in rrd_tool.c (errno is not the
  ideal indicator)

ENHANCEMENTS:

* Text Strings entered in the current locale will automatically be
  transformed to utf8 for proper handling by Pango.

* Dramatically improved Pango Performance by introducing a static
  fontmap. On my test system the persistent fontmap causes the
  second graph with the same fonts in a single session to be
  created about 0.18s faster than the first one. For a total graph
  creation time of 0.21s this is a pretty substantial improvement.
  With this patch, performance for the second graph is back to
  1.2.x levels or even better.

enjoy!