[smokeping-users] smoketrace bad packet length value

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 13:17:04 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, [ISO-8859-15] Björn Boschman wrote:

> I recently installed the latest smokeping-2.4.1
> I also would like to use smoketrace but after installing/configuring I
> get a "Bad packet leght value 127.0.0.1"

Are you sure that's exactly what the message says?

> What may I have done wrong?

In the configuration file, you may have put the IP address of the
local host where you should have put the length of a packet.  Try
to create an absolutely minimal configuration file and add to it
gradually, testing it each time.  If all else fails post it here.

--

73,
Ged.