[smokeping-users] smoketrace bad packet length value

Pete Hoffswell Pete.Hoffswell at davenport.edu
Wed Sep 17 14:29:21 CEST 2008

Hello Tobi -

mv /usr/sbin/traceroute /usr/bin
chmod u+s /usr/bin/traceroute

Confirmed that wwwrun can run traceroute now:

server:~ # sudo -u wwwrun traceroute -I eth0 www.yahoo.com
traceroute to www.yahoo.com (209.191.93.52), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
.
.

But I still get the bad packet length value problem.

Bummer!

Anyone have any other ideas?

Pete Hoffswell                 616-732-1101 (x1101)
Network Manager                616-510-1198 (Mobile)
IT Services                    pete.hoffswell at davenport.edu
Davenport University

>>> Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> 9/16/2008 4:37 PM >>>
Pete,

make traceroute setuid root as it used to be in the good old days