[smokeping-users] Using smokeping with Fibre Channel ping

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Wed Apr 15 20:56:17 CEST 2009

I don't think there's anything that will work 'out of the box' to do
what you need... but if you have some Perl skills you might be able to
write your own Probe module for it.

I would approach it one of 2 ways:

- If memory serves, there is a utility called fcping that works much
like the regular (IP) ping command, but pings a WWPN.  You'd have to
write a Probe module to support it.

- Pull information from one of the FC switches directly.  You could
probably use the IOSping probe module as a template and modify as necessary.

I know it's probably not the answer you were hoping for, but it's all I
can think of at the moment.

- Peter